Join your neighbors in Borrego Springs and other rural communities in supporting opposition to the placement of Sexually Violent Predators (SVPs) in Borrego Springs. Opposition is being spearheaded by the Borrego Springs SVP Task Force.
Check out our GoFundMe campaign: https://gofund.me/bf7908bf
The Borrego Valley Endowment Fund (BVEF) has provided $25,000 in seed funding to help this citizen-led, grassroots effort to safeguard our community. The goal of the gofundme campaign is to match the BVEF funds by raising an additional $25,000 in matching funds to help the Task Force. Funds will be used to develop a consistent, professional, enduring and effective “lobbying” strategy to block placement of SVPs in Borrego Springs. Note that this is an ongoing effort. We are preparing another proposed placement in October.
Specifically, your support will help the Task Force cover the costs to:
· Retain legal counsel to block court-ordered placements of SVPs in Borrego Springs
· Hire a professional lobbyist to lobby Sacramento to change SVP laws and practices
· Develop a database of supporters and communication/e-mailing
· Facilitate digital and in-person meetings, organize town halls,
· Provide regular news and updates
· Design and write high-quality print collateral/handouts
· Design, manufacture and install signage
· Design and insert announcements in print and other media (SD Tribune; PBS etc.); use media to help our cause and spread the word
· Organize participation from local citizenry in the process
· Transportation and costs of travel to hearings in SD
· Design posters, t-shirts, anti-SVP branding to keep SVPs out of our rural communities
· Liaise with County / other officials